This is part of my ACLP 3.0 Journey series, documenting my personal experience of applying for the course as a Learner
Is it worth it to take up ACLP?
If you search this question over the web, you'll probably find a few different opinions. There are articles asking whether it is worth "splashing $ for ACLP", discussions on LinkedIn, and of course, our dear Google with its AI Overview.
Since this is My Journey, I'll share my own views.
I'm an over-50 professional with experience teaching and mentoring adults, and I genuinely enjoyed that experience. So, for me, ACLP feels like a natural next step towards exploring adult education more seriously.
Frankly, I have no idea yet what it will really be like to go through the course. I've read about the modules, completed the mandatory eLearning and done all the preparation, but there's still a difference between reading about a course and actually being a learner in it.
What I do know is that I'm a strong believer in continuing education, and I'm always keen to learn something new.
Another reason is the cost. With the available SkillsFuture funding and subsidies, the amount I need to fork out is much more manageable than the full course cost. And since I'm currently on a career break, the timing also feels right for me.
If you're retired, planning for retirement, or simply looking for a way to continue learning and contribute your experience in a different way, ACLP may be something worth exploring too.
Those are my reasons for taking ACLP.
As my journey progresses, I'll share more about what I actually learn, how the course is conducted, and eventually, whether I think it was really worth the investment.
So... stay tuned. Lol. 😄
How the estimated cost is calculated
For the ACLP 3.0 modules, the calculation is a little more complicated than simply taking 66% off the course fee. The 66% SkillsFuture funding is deducted from the base course fee first. GST is then calculated on the remaining balance, followed by the 20% Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy based on the original base course fee.
The table below shows how I arrived at my estimated out-of-pocket cost of S$609.38, before any other personal expenses.
| Item (all in S$) | Base Fee |
SkillsFuture Funding |
GST @9% | Mid-Career Subsidy |
My Cost |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Skills Framework (SFw 2.0) and Jobs-Skills Portal - Application Fee | 50.00 | — | 4.50 |
— | 54.50 |
| Asynchronous Learning (Canvas account) | 0.00 | — | 0.00 | — | 0.00 |
| ACLP 3.0 - Application Fee | 60.00 | — | 5.40 |
— | 65.40 |
| Module 1: Facilitating Effective Learning Experience 25.5 hrs |
2,050.00 | (1,353.00) 66% |
62.73 |
(410.00) 20% |
349.73 |
| Module 2: Assessing for Competency 10 hrs |
850.00 | (561.00) 66% |
26.01 |
(170.00) 20% |
145.01 |
| Module 3: Contextualising Workplace Learning for Delivery 10 hrs |
850.00 | (561.00) 66% |
26.01 |
(170.00) 20% |
145.01 |
| Module 4: Facilitating Technology-Enhanced Learning Delivery 25.5 hrs |
2,050.00 | (1,353.00) 66% |
62.73 |
(410.00) 20% |
349.73 |
| Less: SkillsFuture Credit | (500.00) | ||||
| ESTIMATED OUT-OF-POCKET COST | 609.38 | ||||
A few things to note
The application fee is separate from the course fees. In my case, there was also a fee for completing the Skills Framework (SFw 2.0) and Jobs-Skills Portal component before the ACLP 3.0 application.
The actual amount payable depends on the funding and subsidies a learner is eligible for. SkillsFuture Credit may also be used by eligible learners to offset course fees. Funding arrangements and fees may change, so do check the official information before making payment.
For my own journey, I'm recording the figures here because I think it is useful to see the real out-of-pocket amount rather than just the headline course fee.
Useful links if you're considering ACLP
Rather than just listing the course references, here are some of the links I found useful while working through the application and funding process:
- IAL – WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance 3.0
Course information, fees and funding arrangements. - MySkillsFuture – ACLP 3.0 Course Listing
Useful for checking the course listing, course details and available course runs. - Check Your SkillsFuture Credit Balance
Log in with Singpass to check your available SkillsFuture Credit balance. - SkillsFuture Credit – What You Can Use It For
Information on SkillsFuture Credit eligibility, the different credit tiers and how the credit can be used. - How to Submit a SkillsFuture Credit Claim
A useful step-by-step guide if you're planning to use your SkillsFuture Credit for a course.
And now comes the moment of truth... 😅
I've been offered a place, I've worked out the numbers, and now I have to make the payment.
Let's see where this investment takes me.
Disclaimer: This article documents my personal experience of applying for ACLP 3.0 and is intended for sharing and reference only. It is not an official guide or representation of IAL's application process. The information and screenshots reflect my experience at the time of application in August 2026. Course requirements, fees, funding arrangements and other details may change, so please refer to the official IAL website for the latest information.

0 comments:
Post a Comment