Part 3: Before Applying for ACLP 3.0: Checking the Entry Requirements & Completing My IAL Profile

This is part of my ACLP 3.0 Journey series, documenting my personal experience of applying for the course as a Learner

Before Applying for ACLP 3.0

Once my IAL account was created, I thought I was pretty much ready to apply for ACLP 3.0. Well... not quite. 😅 Before submitting the application, there were still a few things to check, especially the course entry requirements and the information in my IAL profile. And this was where I discovered something I should probably have done earlier.

Checking the Entry Requirements

For more details on the course, please refer to https://www.ial.edu.sg/programmes/wsq-advanced-certificate-in-learning-and-performance-3/ 

The first thing I did was to go through the ACLP 3.0 entry requirements to make sure I was eligible to apply. The requirements include having the relevant subject matter specialisation and industry experience, the necessary English proficiency, basic ICT skills, and the ability to source and analyse information for learning resources. For the industry/domain experience requirement, I was comfortable with my own background. After spending many years working in accounting and finance, followed by my experience in IT training, I felt that I had the relevant work experience to support my application. The English and ICT requirements were also not a concern for me. So far, so good. But then came my IAL profile...

Checking My IAL Profile

This was the part I wish I had done earlier. Although I had already created my IAL account, I had not fully updated all my academic and employment information before the ACLP 3.0 application window opened. And because the application window was time-sensitive, I suddenly found myself having to check and update information that could have been completed beforehand.

Academic Information

I went through the academic section of my profile and checked that my education and qualification details were properly reflected.

Employment & Work Experience

Next came my employment information. This was particularly important because the ACLP entry requirements include relevant industry/domain experience. I went through my employment history and updated the information required in my IAL profile.

My Lesson: Don't Leave This Until Application Day

This was probably my biggest takeaway from the pre-application stage. If you're thinking of applying for ACLP 3.0, don't wait until the application window opens before checking your IAL profile. Create the account early, log in, go through the different sections and make sure your academic and employment information is updated. That way, when applications open, you can concentrate on the application itself instead of scrambling to update your profile at the same time. In my case, I eventually got everything sorted out, but I definitely could have made life easier for myself by doing it earlier. 😅

Ready for the Next Step

Once I had checked the entry requirements and updated my profile, I was finally ready to move on. There was still one important thing to complete before I could submit my ACLP 3.0 application: the mandatory eLearning on the Skills Framework (SFw) 2.0 and Jobs-Skills Portal. And that turned out to be another little adventure of its own.

[Next: Part 4: Before ACLP 3.0: Registering for the Mandatory eLearning & Setting Up Canvas Account]

Disclaimer: This article documents my personal experience of applying for ACLP 3.0 and is intended for sharing and reference only. It is not an official guide or representation of IAL's application process. The information and screenshots reflect my experience at the time of application in August 2026. Course requirements, fees, funding arrangements and other details may change, so please refer to the official IAL website for the latest information.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment