This is part of my ACLP 3.0 Journey series, documenting my personal experience of applying for the course as a Learner
Completing the Mandatory eLearning
After setting up my Canvas account, I could finally get started on the mandatory eLearning required before applying for ACLP 3.0. This was based on the new Skills Framework 2.0 (SFw 2.0) and the Jobs-Skills Portal. If you've read Part 4, you'll know that getting to this stage wasn't entirely straightforward for me. 😅 Once I had sorted out the Canvas and MFA setup, however, I could finally log in and start the eLearning.What Is Skills Framework 2.0?
The Skills Framework 2.0 is part of Singapore's move towards a more skills-focused approach to jobs and learning. Instead of looking only at job titles, the framework provides a common way of looking at jobs, tasks and the skills needed to perform them. For someone interested in adult education and training, I found this particularly relevant because understanding the skills required in a particular job is closely connected to understanding what people need to learn.The Jobs-Skills Portal
The mandatory eLearning also introduced the Jobs-Skills Portal. The portal allows users to explore the relationship between jobs and skills, and to look at the skills associated with different occupations.Working Through the eLearning
I went through the learning materials and activities step by step.Certificate of Completion
After completing the required eLearning, there was a short assessment consisting of 3 questions. I answered all 3 questions correctly, and I received an email with the Certificate of Completion.- Created my IAL account
- Checked my ACLP 3.0 entry requirements
- Updated my IAL profile
- Registered for the mandatory eLearning
- Set up my Canvas account
- Completed the required eLearning
- Downloaded a copy of the Certificate of Completion
Next Stop: Application Day!
After all that preparation, the next step was probably the most nerve-wracking one. The ACLP 3.0 application window was opening. And I had the feeling that this was going to be one of those... May the fastest finger win! 😅[Next: Part 6: ACLP 3.0 Application Day: May the Fastest Finger Win!]
Disclaimer: This article documents my personal experience of applying for ACLP 3.0 and is intended for sharing and reference only. It is not an official guide or representation of IAL's application process. The information and screenshots reflect my experience at the time of application in August 2026. Course requirements, fees, funding arrangements and other details may change, so please refer to the official IAL website for the latest information.

0 comments:
Post a Comment